Expect joy and grief
Expect joy and grief as you journey on mission with Jesus.
Questions for discussion or personal reflection:
1. Share about an experience where you went all in on something, but it didn’t turn out the way you expected. How did you deal with it?
2. What do you think the disciples were thinking as Jesus shares these words with them?
3. What part of following Jesus do you wish you had been warned about early on in your faith?
4. How do you typically respond when you experience grief?
5. Where do you find yourself right now on the grief and joy spectrum when it comes to living out Jesus’s mission?
6. Which truth that Jesus shared with his disciples do you find most helpful in moving you forward in grief? Why? (list is in notes)
7. In the past few months where has God given you a glimpse of joy as you’ve followed him on mission?
8. Share an example of a situation where the joy of the result motivated you to persevere through a difficult task.
9. As Christians we worship a God who is personal, accessible, and loving. Which of these attributes is most meaningful to you right now? Why?