Divine Love Language
Have you been loving Jesus the way he receives love?
This week, we looked at what it means to love through obedience, in John 14:15-31.
Questions for Discussion or Personal Reflection
1. Which of the love languages best describes how you receive love? (words of affirmation, acts of service, gifts, quality time, physical touch)
2. What’s your gut response when you hear the word obedience?
3. How can we talk about obedience in the church, while avoiding legalism?
4. What are some situations in which you obey because of fear?
5. When have you found yourself able to be obedient out of love?
6. Do you see a big difference between the two types of obedience? Why is the distinction important?
7. What are some terms you would use to describe the role the Holy Spirit plays in your life?
8. When has the Spirit reminded you of a teaching of Jesus at just the right time?
9. How do we practically listen to the Spirit? What does that look like for you?
10. Do you think there is a connection between your willingness to obey and the Spirit’s willingness to speak?