It’s important to see Jesus not as who we want Him to be, but as who He actually is.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What is a hobby you bought into for a short time, but quickly gave up?
2. How is it both true and misleading to present Jesus as a vendor or someone who helps you get what you want?
3. Do you see a world craving truth, goodness, and beauty right now? Why or why not?
4. Why is it important to spend time with Jesus? How are you doing in this area right now?
5. Which do you find more challenging preaching Jesus or fighting evil alongside Him? Why?
6. Which aspects of Jesus teaching make people think Jesus is a crazy extremist today?
7. Are you ever tempted to water down/ soften Jesus’ teachings? What motivates us to want to do that at times?
8. Why do you think it’s such a big deal for the teachers of the law to attribute the work of Jesus and the Spirit to Satan?
9. If your life was a newspaper what headline about Jesus would it be declaring?
10. What do you see Jesus’ saying in his comments about family?