Cleaning out the Car
Setting our hearts and minds on Jesus enables us to use his gifts of sex and words for their intended purposes of giving life. Those in Christ must put to death their other uses through the resurrection power of Jesus.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
(Note: it may be helpful to split groups into gender groups for some of these questions)
1.What’s the current clean level of your car? How much effort do you put into keeping it tidy?
2. Where does your mind drift when it goes into idle?
3. What have you found helpful in focusing your mind on Jesus?
4. In what ways have you found sex to be a good gift from God?
5. What protections do you currently have in place to keep yourself pure in the realm of sexuality?
6. What kind of protection are you in need of right now? How can your community group help?
7. What makes our words so powerful?
8. Which of the verbal sins do you find it most difficult for you to avoid? It can even be one not on the list.
9. How has someone recently given you life through their words?