God speaks to those who will listen.
This week we look at those who did not listen, and one who did, from 1 Samuel 2&3.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection
1. Share about a time when you should have listened to your parents, but chose not to?
2. What’s the difference between hearing something and listening to it?
3. What were some of the things from the passage that show Phinehas and Hophni weren’t listening to God?
4. How would you rate yourself as a listener? (1 – 10 scale) why?
5. What makes someone a good listener?
6. As you listened to the baptism stories this morning, how did God speak to you through their lives?
7. What’s the difference between reading the Bible and seeking to listen to God through it?
8. Which of the “ear plugs” do you most need to remove from your life?
9. Make a list of 5 benefits of intentionally blocking out time to listen to God?
10. What did you hear God’s word speak in this passage?