God was Bold in his reconciliation with us and we must take that model and apply it to our own broken relationships.
This week we look at the book of Philemon
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. With baptism Sunday coming up, have you been baptized? If so, when did that happen? What brought you there? If not, what’s holding you back?
2. What do you think of Paul’s strategy of persuasion? What are some tactics that he uses?
3. What are some of the traits Paul highlights about Philemon’s character in the letter?
4. What are some traits that Paul highlights about Onesimus’ character?
5. What do you find most intriguing about the story of the letter?
6. How does Philemon point us to Jesus?
7. How would you go about encouraging a friend to seek restoration in a broken relationship?
8. What spiritual application did you take away from the message?
Is there someone you need to repent toward?
Is there someone you need to forgive?
Is there a friend you need to encourage in one of these areas?