God sees both the beauty and the mess in our lives and in our churches. This week we kick of a series looking at the beautiful mess that is the Church, as Paul writes to the church in Corinth.
1 Corinthians 1:1-17
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Share about a time in your life when you got really messy.
2. How would you rate your life right now on the both the beautiful and messy scales? Give yourself a number 1 to 10 in each category
3. Are you more likely to get too comfortable with your mess or forget to admire your beauty? Explain
4. How do each of the dangers mentioned above sabotage our faith?
5. How would you explain the purpose of holiness in the Christian life to someone who is just exploring the faith?
6. What’s something beautiful that you’ve seen within the church recently?
7. What are some signs that a church has a healthy unity?
8. How is expressing a dissenting opinion different than creating a faction?
9. What motivates people to create factions? 10. What does healthy disagreement and discussion look like in the 4 messy areas mentioned in the message?