God desires us to live authentic lives before Him and others.
From Hosea 11:12 – 14:9
Questions for Group Discussion or Personal Reflection
1. Who or what comes to mind when you think about authenticity?
2. Do you agree or disagree that authenticity should be valued over excellence? Why or why not?
3. What are some of the reasons we choose to lie and deceive one another?
4. What are the results of living in a culture where deception becomes natural and routine?
5. In what situations are you most tempted to use deception?
6. What are some potential positive effects of making authenticity a priority in your life and in the church?
7. Hosea calls us to return to love and justice, how are these things related to honesty and authenticity? (bonus: When is it okay to use to deception to accomplish these things?)
8. What does deceptive worship look like and why would it upset God?
9. What is your current trust level with other people? With God? What has contributed to that?
10. What’s one thing that has struck you during our series in Hosea? How does it change your view of God?