Abundance of Love
In every situation keep asking these questions:
- How can I love God in this?
- How can I love others in this?
- Go beyond a “what is required” mindset
- Pursue an “abundance of love” mindset
- View the communal and individual sacrifices being made as acts of love and mercy toward the vulnerable in our midst.
- Project this truth in your attitude.
- Look for opportunities to love the neighbors around you.
- This is an opportunity for the beauty of God and his church to shine.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What show(s) are you streaming to get you through the quarantine?
2. How has your job changed this week?
3. What emotions are you feeling right now as you journey through this national emergency? How are you doing?
4. What kind of protection do you see God giving right now? What kinds of things are promised and what are not?
5. How can we pursue God in the midst of this?
6. How is living in an abundance of love right now different than living in an abundance of fear?
7. Are there any needs that you have right now that the group or the church can assist you with?
8. What are potential ways that we can love people right now?
9. What has encouraged you about society’s response up to this point?
10. What’s something good that has come out of the societal slow down?