A Better Rest
By faith in Jesus, we can enter into a rest that is better than any we have ever experienced.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. How tired are you right now? What are the major contributors to your weariness?
2. What comes to mind when you think of a state of rest? What are some other descriptors that go along with that state?
3. Is your natural tendency to seek rest/fulfillment in accomplishment, pleasure, or something else? Why do we think these things can make us happy?
4. What does a healthy fear of missing God’s rest look like? Compare and contrast it with an unhealthy fear.
5. What do you think it means for God to rest? How does this form the way you think about rest?
6. Faith and obedience are both clearly part of following Jesus, but can be tough to relate to one another. What is the connection between the two and why is it important to have a clear understanding of it?
7. Did you ever have a time in your life where others thought you were a follower of Jesus, but you really weren’t? Did you intentionally hide your beliefs or just not understand what faith meant?
8. Read v. 12-13, what comes to mind when you think about the truth of these verses?