A Better Melchizedek (Part 2)
Jesus is a better Melchizedek providing a better hope by which we draw near to God.
From Hebrews 7:11-28
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection
1. If you had to spend the next 20 years in a single season, which would you select?
2. What are some goals or purposes that people have for engaging in religious practice?
3. Would you rate any of these higher than drawing near to God? Why or why not?
4. What benefits do you see for those that participated in the OT sacrificial system? Why might this be a more attractive option than Jesus for some?
5. How would you explain to someone outside the faith what it means to draw near to God?
6. How important is it to you that God isn’t going to change the system again? Why? Does this passage convince you that he won’t?
7. How does it impact you to know that Jesus is always praying to the Father on your behalf?
8. What makes the sacrifice of Jesus different from all of the sacrifices that were previously offered?
9. What was the main thing that struck you as you read this passage and heard this message?