A Better Family
Jesus welcomes us into a better family, and its blessings.
From Hebrews 2:10-18
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Warm Up: What were birthday parties like for you growing up?
2. What are some of your favorite shared experiences with your family?
3. What are some of the ways that the church embodies and extends the concept of family?
4. Read v.10, which phrase or aspect of this verse sticks out to you most? Why?
5. How would you explain to someone outside the family of God the role that the suffering of Jesus plays in the Christian faith?
6. What does Jesus’ willingness to suffer in place of his brothers and sisters say about his character?
7. How does our connection to Jesus change the way we interact with God the Father?
8. How does living with the fear of death influence the way someone does life? How ought Jesus change this?
9. Which aspect of death do you find most frightening?
10. Read v.17-18, if you were to add some more family blessing from these verses what would they be?
11. How does thinking of Jesus as your brother transform or tweak your understanding of your relationship to him?